Tuesday, June 9, 2009

On routine

A month into summer, it dawns on me that things have not been the same since it started.

There has been a somewhat astonishing shift in mindset and in focus over the last few weeks, reputedly funded by ominous thoughts of the future. Not completely unexpected; astonishing nevertheless. A memento of how organised I can be if I need to. A reassuring revelation.

My activities over the summer have regressed into what one might call a 'routine'. A stark contrast from my usually desultory thought processes. That is, of course, excluding the rigorous effort invested in planning and executing hours ( years maybe?) of DotA, ritually performed on a day to day basis. That being said, it seems that a routine is not necessarily a bad thing, particularly if there is an underlying impetus. Very enjoyable in fact.

All in all, I seem to be more content with myself and my quotidian activities. Disappointingly enough though, I cannot help but feel that I will return to my usual self, squandering away my time on frivolous pursuits. (Which I will enjoy, nonetheless.) In any case, there's a little over a month of summer left, and I intend to exploit it thoroughly.

5 comments:

Layfield said...

Hmph. That's just a fancy way of saying "I'm slogging teh pwnge!"

Dr. Flycatcher said...

Hahaha, well said Mr. Layfield.

Baggy saar, stop your quotidian slogging!

Bhargav said...

That and more!

Shashi Iyer said...

Very fancy way. GRE coming your way?

Bhargav said...

@Shashi Iyer
Es.